ReachOut Australia Direct Debit Agreement
By committing to a regular monthly gift, you authorise and request ReachOut Australia (ABN 27 075 428 787) to arrange funds to be debited from my/our account at the Financial Institution identified (on the direct debit request).
This arrangement is to remain in the force in accordance with the terms described in the direct debit service agreement as follows:
- You should check with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account, as direct debiting is not available from all accounts.; and your account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement; and before completing the Direct Debit Request if you have any queries about how to complete the Direct Debit Request.
- Your account will be debited on the 17th of each month as you have specified. If the debit day falls on a date that is not a banking day, ReachOut Australia may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the next available day.
- It is your responsibility to ensure sufficient clear funds are in the nominated account when payments are drawn.
- Should you wish to cancel, defer or make alterations to the direct debit arrangement or stop an individual payment, please call 02 8029 7777, email [email protected] or write to our Supporter Care manager: Level 2, 35 Saunders Street PYRMONT NSW 2009. Please note, we will endeavour to stop your payment immediately however if you contact us on a weekend we may not see it until the next working day. We will send confirmation that we received your request and action has been taken.
- ReachOut Australia will give you 14 days’ notice if we make any changes to the agreement including altering the payment schedule.
- If you believe there has been an error in debiting your account, or dispute any debit item, please contact ReachOut Australia directly on 02 8029 7777 as soon as possible. You can also contact your financial institution. Your records and account will be kept private and confidential to be disclosed only if requested by yourself or your Financial Institution if a claim is made for an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit.
Why regular giving is so important
“I thought I was alone. So, so alone, like I was the only person who had to deal with this, and now I know what was, and is, far from the truth. But for those who don’t know about ReachOut.com, there are many young people who have not realised this yet.” – Daniel, 22
Our supporters help us provide ReachOut.com, a free online mental health service that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week right across Australia. The value of such a service is evident in the many messages we get – some like the above, from Daniel who grew up in a rural area.
Right now, there are more than 1 million young people living in Australia that have a mental health disorder. A staggering 70% are not getting any help. There are many reasons why:
• they might be ashamed, or afraid of what others think
• there might not be any appropriate services close to them
• they don’t know where to start
• they don’t believe anything can help
• they don’t realise what they are feeling could be a diagnosable illness.
By committing to a regular monthly gift, you can help provide young people with a better way to deal with difficult times. For as little as $12 a month, less than a movie ticket, you will have an impact on the mental health of thousands of young Australians. You will also join a community of people that understand looking after your mental health is just as important as your physical health.
Your monthly gift in action
By giving regular monthly donations, you directly contribute to our life-saving service and help us confidently plan ahead with our overall vision of all young people being happy and well. By committing to a regular monthly gift, you help:
- ensure ReachOut.com is a safe place that young people can go to get answers and help for their mental health for free, at any time and regardless of where they live.
- run the research and evaluation that gives us the information that we need to run programs and activities that will engage young people especially those that are reluctant to use traditional services and are at greatest risk.
- our work with schools, teachers and professionals like counsellors, GPs and social workers who may not have a background in mental health and need some additional help and resources.
- keep us committed to our promise to include young people in all that we do.
- advocate for e-mental health services as a key way to help young people.
How regular giving works
Each month on or around the 17th, your chosen amount is automatically debited from your credit card or bank account. You can increase, decrease or cancel your monthly donation at any time. Donations over $2 are tax deductable. At the end of the financial year you’ll receive a statement to assist you with your tax return. If you need to put a hold or cancel your gift, it’s as simple as giving us a call on 02 8029 7777 or sending an email to
[email protected] with your details.
What your gift does
Put simply, your regular gift helps save lives and improves the mental health and wellbeing of young people every day of the year. Your ongoing support helps ensure that when young people go online looking for answers or a connection with others, they’ll find ReachOut.com, and an easy first step to getting the help they need to get through the tough times.
Our commitment to you
When you become a regular monthly giver, we commit to sharing regularly with you the impact your support is having;
stories from young people that you have helped; information about new initiatives or programs that we will launch; research findings.
Become a regular giver today
Sign up online or call us on 02 8029 7777 and we will be happy to set up your regular gift over the phone.